Organic Hulled Hemp Seeds 250g
Purchase this product to earn 12.99 points (HB Members Only)
Flat rate shipping for orders under $99
Free Shipping for orders over $99!
100% Australian Certified Organic
- 2000mg of Omega 3 per spoonful.
- 6400mg of ‘complete’ Protein per spoonful.
- Natural source of antioxidants, phytosterols, vitamins, minerals and fibre.
What Are Hemp Seeds?
Hemp is considered one of the most nutritious plants in the world and the seeds contain all 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential ones that our bodies cannot produce on its own. Hemp seeds are also a rich source of essential minerals, including magnesium and phosphorus for bone health, zinc to help support the immune system, and iron for oxygenating the blood.
Hemp Seeds Benefits
Whole hemp seeds contain 10 to 15 percent fiber, which aids in constipation and promotes digestive regularity. The Omega-6 fatty acids in hemp seeds regulate metabolism, help brain function, maintain bone health, and stimulate skin and hair growth. As a natural appetite suppressant, adding hemp seed to your meals can reduce your food cravings and help you feel full longer.
Hemp Seeds Nutrition
Hemp seeds have a mild, nutty flavor and are ready to use raw or in low heat cooking. The seeds can be sprinkled on hot cereal, yogurt or salads, added to shakes & smoothies, or added to breads, pancakes, granola bars and other baked desserts. Because they are packed with protein, hemp seeds are ideal for people following a paleo diet or trying to reduce their carb intake. Hemp Seeds may only be consumed in countries where it is legal. In Australia these products are sold for external use only.
Hemp Seeds have been consumed as a staple food all over the world for thousands of years. They are an important dietary component because they contain an abundance of ESSENTIAL NUTRITENTS that are:
- BALANCED - on their own they provide much of what your body needs without over-supplying some nutrients while causing a deficiency in others.
- DIGESTIBLE - they don’t require cooking, soaking or crushing, your body can easily take what it needs and eliminate what it doesn’t. So your body isn’t wasting energy or suffering stress the way it does when trying to extract nutrients from animal or processed foods.
- SAFE - unlike many foods we consume daily, Hemp seeds do not burden your body with toxins, allergens, GMO’s or undigested waste materials.
- SUSTAINABLE - you don’t have to kill anything, poison the planet, exploit the ocean or risk anyone’s safety to obtain Hemp Seeds; they grow just about anywhere without needing fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides and require less water than wheat, rice or soy.
- Hemp seeds contain the highest amount of PUFAs (Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids) like Omega 3 and 6 - level with Walnuts for the #1 position at around 47g of PUFAs in every 100g of seeds.
- The highest quality and quantity of Protein. Hemp protein is gluten-free with a complete Amino Acid profile and Hemp is the only plant to make protein from Edestin making it more digestible than other forms of protein like Soy. And unlike Soy doesn’t cause allergies or contain estrogen compounds. Every 100g of Hemp Seeds contain approximately 33g of this high quality protein.
- GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) - one of only five known sources (Borage seed, Evening Primrose seed, Black Currant seed, Carrot seed, Wheatgerm) of this ‘wonder’ oil believed to be important for preventing inflammation.
- 15 times as much fat-fighting CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) as fish oil.
- Practically no Carbohydrates with less than half a gram of sugar per 20g serving.
- Gut-cleansing Fibre.
- Cholesterol-fighting Phytosterols - 1480mg per 20g serving.
- Minerals including Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and Zinc.
- Vitamin E plus other Antioxidants.
- B Vitamins including Folate.
- Vitamin D3 - the only known plant food source of this bone-building “sunshine” vitamin.
How To Use Hemp Seeds, Oil and Protein Powder
Soft, tasty Hemp Seeds can be used for making Hemp Milk, Hemp Ice Cream, Hemp Hommus, sprinkled onto breakfast, lunch and dinner meals or eaten on their own. They can also be used in making skin products like Hemp Milk Soap.
Delicious Hemp Oil is used as a treatment for various skin conditions, as a general skin moisturizer, as a salad dressing, for dipping bread into, for making sauces or simply drizzled over meals to boost their nutrient content.
Smooth nutty Hemp Protein powder is used to boost the protein quality and quantity of smoothies snack bars and flour mixes such as in bread, muffins and pasta.
Hulled Hemp Seeds
A great buy.8 January 2017I was delighted in finding that you stocked them....have used hulled hemp seed in the past ....i love their taste as well as knowing that they are providing a store house of goodness, and were as fresh as fresh..
Hemp Foods Australia is the largest Hemp Food Wholesaler, Retailer, Manufacturer and Exporter in the Southern Hemisphere. Hemp Foods Australia was Founded by Paul Benhaim in 2000.
Located in pristine Bangalow on Australia’s east coast Hemp Foods Australia’s 11,000 sq ft facility is 100% Australian Certified Organic. They employ purely mechanical, low-temperature processes for everything they do resulting in the most nutritious products possible. They are Australian owned and operated.