Botanika Blends Organic Chia Seeds 300g
Botanika Basics Organic Chia Seeds.
Botanika Blends Chia Seeds are vegan friendly, gluten-free and organic, packed with omega 3, fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals. Just tablespoon provides 3g of omega 3 ALA and 6g of dietary fibre, along with a range of other essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds.
Chia Seed is very low in sodium and due to its high antioxidants profile can be stored for years, unlike other seeds and grains. The gel-forming soluble fibre properties in Chia Seeds allow for slow digestion and sustain balanced blood sugar levels in a healthy manner.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Chia seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats, especially omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds' lipid profile is composed of 60% omega-3s, making them one of the richest plant-based sources of these fatty acids -- specifically, of alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA. The omega-3s in chia seeds can help reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high cholesterol.
- Fibre: Fiber is associated with reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol and regulating bowel function. Chia seeds are an excellent source of fibre, with a whopping 10 grams in only 2 tablespoons. That is one-third of the daily recommended intake of fibre per day.
- Antioxidants: Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals, aging and cancer. The high antioxidant profile also helps them have a long shelf life. They last almost two years without refrigeration.
- Minerals: Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain 18% of the DRI for calcium, 35% for phosphorus, 24%for magnesium and about 50%for manganese. These nutrients help you prevent hypertension and maintain a healthy weight, and are important for energy metabolism and a part of DNA synthesis.
- Dyslipidemia: A study published in the "British Journal of Nutrition" showed that chia seeds as a dietary fat source can lower triglycerides and cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol. The study also found that when substituting chia seeds for other fat sources, such as corn oil, the ALA was able to prevent high triglyceride levels and reduce central obesity.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: Chia seeds can play an important role in regulating insulin levels. They can reduce insulin resistance and decrease abnormally high levels of insulin in the blood.
Satiety...stay full, for longer
Satiety is the feeling of being full and satisfied, which helps lower food cravings between meals. The combination of protein, fibre and the gelling action of chia seeds when mixed with liquids all contribute to their satiating effects, which in turn is a great aid to healthy weight loss.
Size: 300g Bag
100% Chia Seeds
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Healthy Being users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Botanika Blends use the art of botany and link it to food science to bring innovative health-conscious alternatives that are crafted by nature and powered by plants. All their ingredients are premium, plant-based, and functional. They manufacture all their products in Brisbane, Australia in a purpose-built facility that is certified to the highest standards including SQF, and HACCP.
Botanika Blends is driven by a passion to offer natural, plant-based and organic options in a supplement market dominated by artificial concoctions and dirty tricks. They're a self-proclaimed group of alchemists, wizards and sorceresses who are on a mission to produce premium quality, plant-based natural protein powders, superfood blends and healthy snacks - promoting food sources that encourage sustainability and better health for all.
So shop and buy today from Healthy Being and save on discounted prices, with free shipping options across Australia and worldwide delivery!