Eden Healthfoods Raw Unprocessed Bee Pollen 180g
Raw & Unprocessed Bee Pollen Granules.
Eden Health Foods Raw Bee Pollen is a premium unprocessed pollen that's wildcrafted from the remote West Australian Jarrah forests, untouched and uncontaminated by urbanisation, cities or industry. The pollen is collected by bees from the blooms of Jarrah's eucalyptus marginata trees and Australian native wildflowers. The tree is native to Western Australia, where it is a rich source of pollen and nectar from early September to late January.
What Is Bee Pollen?
In its original state, bee pollen is a fine dust that is made up of thousands of microscopic particles that allow a plant to reproduce by seed. Pollen is released from the anther of a flower and is the primary food source for bees and other insects. Female worker bees travel from flower to flower to collect nectar and pollen. As the pollen covers the bee’s body, she brushes and packs it into specialised hairs on her hind legs to take back to the hive.
Bee pollen is a biologically active compound, rich in vitamins, amino acids, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, minerals, enzymes and other micronutrients. Research at the Department of Agriculture and Food has shown that up to 73 fatty acids can be found in pollen. West Australia has unique plant species in forests and conservation reserves that produce high-quality pollens.
Health Benefits of Bee Pollen
- Energy Enhancer - The range of nutrients found within bee pollen makes it a great natural source of energy. The carbohydrates, protein and B vitamins can help keep you going all day by enhancing stamina and fighting off fatigue.
- Respiratory System - Bee pollen contains a high quantity of antioxidants that may have an anti-inflammatory effect on the tissues of the lungs, preventing the onset of asthma.
- Treating Allergies – Pollen reduces the presence of histamine, ameliorating many allergies. Dr. Leo Conway, MD, of Denver Colorado, reported that 94 percent of his patients were completely free from allergy symptoms once treated with oral feedings of pollen. Everything from asthma to allergies to sinus problems were cleared, confirming that bee pollen is effective against a wide range of respiratory diseases.
- Digestive Aid - In addition to healthful vitamins, minerals and protein, bee pollen contains enzymes that can aid in digestion. Enzymes assist your body in getting all the nutrients you need from the food that you eat.
- Immune System Booster - Pollen is good for the intestinal flora and thereby supports the immune system. According to holistic health expert Dr. Joseph Mercola, bee pollen has antibiotic-type properties that can help protect the body from contracting viruses. It's also rich in antioxidants that protect the cells from the damaging oxidation of free radicals.
- Supports the Cardiovascular System - Bee Pollen contains large amounts of rutin; an antioxidant bioflavonoid that helps strengthen blood vessels, assists with circulatory problems, and corrects cholesterol levels. Its potent anti-clotting powers could help prevent heart attack and stroke.
- Prostate Aid - Men who suffer from benign prostate hyperplasia can find relief by using bee pollen. Bee pollen can help reduce inflammation to stop frequent urges to urinate.
- Infertility Problems - Bee pollen stimulates and restores ovarian function, and therefore may be used to assist in accelerating pregnancy. As well as being a hormonal booster, it is also a great aphrodisiac!
WARNING: Note that in rare cases a severe allergic reaction to pollen may be experienced. Those with allergies to bee pollen and bee products should not consume this product.
Size: 180g Bag
West Australian bee pollen granules
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Healthy Being users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Eden Healthfoods are proudly 100% Australian owned and operated. They pride themselves with never taking shortcuts or looking at the bottom line, concerned only with how they make their products better, stronger and more effective. They only use certified organic, sustainably sourced ingredients in all of our products.