Medium (3-6 months) Natural Round Soother (TWIN PACK)
- No BPA,
- No chemical softeners,
- No parabens,
- No PVC,
- No Phthalates,
- Single Mould
Natural Rubber Soothers are moulded in one piece with no joints or cracks in the soother where dirt and bacteria can build up, making them extremely hygienic. The shield used on this natural rubber soother is larger than normal soother shields and actually touches a baby’s nose, more closely simulating breastfeeding. The larger size shield also prevents babies from sucking the soother into their mouths. Because of the high level of elasticity of natural rubber, you can rest assured there'll be no marks left on your baby.
The Natural Rubber soother is softer than silicone soothers, which makes it easy to wash and care for and also ensures that it won’t fall apart.
Advantages of your Natural Rubber Soother
- High level of elasticity & flexibility of the material (silicone soothers have less elasticity than rubber and it can rapidly tear once the surface has been damaged)
- Extreme durability (silicone teats are being used for long periods keep an eye out for any signs of damage)
- Excellent pull-and-tear resistance
- Environmentally friendly disposal (silicone soothers are made from oil based materials and are a non renewable resource)
- Non-static properties - latex does not attract dust
- The Natural Rubber Soother is a green product as it produced using a sustainable raw material, the tree sap from the rubber tree used in our soothers is grown and made in Malaysia
Natural Rubber Soothers can help you through the tough times. Some ideal uses for a this soother include:
- Aeroplane travel - whilst the plane is ascending or descending air pressure changes and babies are unable to unblock their ears unless they are sucking and swallowing.
- Painful nipples - when you just can’t use your breast anymore as a comforter, a Natural Rubber Soother can give your nipples the chance to repair.
- Sleep Activator - Some babies drift off to sleep whilst feeding and when you transfer them into bed they can wake up. By using a Natural Rubber Soother during this transition from feeding to the cot, baby can use the Soother as a sleep activator.
- Optional Parent Helper - Natural Rubber Soothers are an optional parent helper, they are not always essential, as many babies will never need a soother. Every parent has different needs, providing safe alternatives for your babies in these circumstances.
What Shape Soother Should You Choose?
Natural Rubber Soothers are helpful in satisfying your baby’s need for self-soothing, while preventing possible negative effects on teeth and palate formation created by his or her thumb sucking.
- Round Shape: Tends to work better for breast-fed babies because the tongue is positioned under the nipple as it is during breast-feeding, which helps prevent nipple confusion. About 80% of babies tend to move soothers around in their mouths, so the position of the round soother can never end up around the wrong way. Because the tongue’s position never changes, midwives usually recommend starting babies on rounded soothers.
- Orthodontic Shape: With the orthodontic shape, the tip of the nipple is slanted to encourage tongue movement against it (as opposed to under it. The tongue’s pressure is directed towards the tip. This shape is ideal for babies who are already accustomed to the orthodontic shape.
Care of your Natural Rubber Soother
Natural Rubber Soothers should be boiled in water for 2 minutes (and allowed to cool) before first time use. Afterwards they should be cleaned on a daily basis. Natural Rubber Soothers will slightly change colour during use. Natural Rubber Soothers should be replaced every 8-12 weeks (depending on frequency of use) with the age appropriate size, if you and your child still need the additional support a soother can provide.
Natural Rubber Soothers Safety Report
All Natural Rubber Soothers meet the Australian Safety Standard for soothers, code number AS2432-1991/2008. The Natural Rubber Soothers are also made to conform with the Pacifier Safety requirements by European standard EN1400. The Natural Rubber Soothers are also tested by the internationally renowned company SGS for both compliance and also for traces of nitrosamines (proteins that can cause an allergic reaction to latex). Nitromsamines are eliminated during production of the Natural Rubber Soother, making them one of the safest soothers on the market today.
Many parents are now are looking for toys and soothers that do not contain phthalates, which is typically used to soften toys for babies. While they make toys and soothers soft, they may not be so safe for our babies.
100% Pure Natural Rubber
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Healthy Being users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Natural Rubber Soothers was founded by Meredith Marshall, who started bringing natural rubber soothers, teats and teethers to Australia in 2007. The Natural Rubber Soother project encapsulates her philosophy of being able to assist babies with natural alternatives when choosing a soother, teether or even teats for their bottles.