Niugini Organics raw 100% organic virgin coconut oil is extracted without the application of heat at any stage thereby ensuring the retention of the original levels of tocopherol antioxidants (Vitamin E), the weapon of choice against free radicals. Niugini Organics coconut oil contributes to a sustainable balance between productive independent farmers and thriving wild ecosystems.
The first product developed along these lines was Niugini Organic 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. When the organic quality of PNG's coconuts was realised, the villagers were encouraged to harvest the nuts commercially for the first time in decades, and a small modern plant was built to extract the virgin oil without heat. After extensive lab analysis in Australia, their mill was able to meet and exceed the minimum quality standards to produce an excellent raw unrefined, not bleached or deodorised, single origin, 100% organic virgin coconut oil.
Fresh from the shell, the coconut meat is quickly cold-pressed and left unrefined to preserve the natural nutritive essence of the coconut. This is the source of all Niugini Organic Coconut Oil. Today, under a fair trade scheme that ensures that the villagers are paid a fair price for their coconuts, their small holder plantations have been transformed into a happier, healthier and more prosperous place.
Organic Coconut Virgin Oil Integrity:
- Sight – Crystal clear when liquefied, immaculately white when crystallized
- Smell – Fresh and light coconut aroma, reminiscent of the fragrance of freshly expressed coconut milk
- State – Solidifies/Crystallizes in temperatures below 23°C as proof of its unadulterated nature
- Taste – Slightly sweet and mild coconut essence
Niugini Organic Virgin Coconut Oil has traveled less food miles than any other brand in Australia. It is a healthy, delicious alternative cooking oil, totally cholesterol free and high in lauric acid- your body's natural shield against ill health.
- Raw 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Unrefined, unbleached and not deodorised
- Cold pressed and totally cholesterol free
- Wild harvested, beautiful, raw and delicious
- From Papua New Guinea, our closest neighbour hence has travelled less food miles than any other brand in Australia
- Stylish reusable Kilner glass jars
- Shipping in refrigerated containers to Australia – no need to refrigerate at home
- No preservatives or additives
- 100% hand finished on site by the Tolai peoples of Gunanur, Napapar and Vungogo villages on the island of New Britain, PNG- supporting local industry & community
-- 650ml Jar --
100% Pure Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Healthy Being users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
With 1,150 square metres under factory floor, modern soap and coconut oil production lines and a well equipped lab, Tropic Frond Oils isa major employer in the PNG Keravat township and the primary source of income for many local villagers, who wild harvest their organic coconuts from their own land.
Since 2008, they have exported their virgin coconut oil and soaps to Australia and New Zealand under their Niugini Organics brand.