Power Super Foods Organic Chia Seeds 450g
Certified Organic Chia Seeds.
Power Super Foods Chia Seeds are vegan friendly, paleo and 100% certified organic. Packed with essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, chia seeds add super-healthy nutrition to your daily diet. In fact, chia seeds are one of the highest known plant sources of Omega-3, in a highly stable form due to powerful naturally occurring antioxidants.
Chia seeds also contain with vitamins A, B12 and C, complete protein (18 Amino Acids), potassium, phosphorous, folate, zinc, iron, and calcium as well as bowel-regulating soluble and insoluble fibre.
- 7 x more Vitamin C than oranges
- 6 x more fibre than oat bran
- 5 x more calcium than milk
- 4 x higher ORAC antioxidant value than blueberries
- 3 x more iron than spinach
- 2 x more potassium than bananas
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds.
Chia seeds are very low in sodium and due to their high antioxidants profile can be stored for years, unlike other seeds and grains. The gel-forming soluble fibre properties in chia seeds allow for slow digestion and sustain balanced blood sugar levels in a healthy manner.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Chia seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats, especially omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds' lipid profile is composed of 60% omega-3s, making them one of the richest plant-based sources of these fatty acids -- specifically, of alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA. The omega-3s in chia seeds can help reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high cholesterol.
- Fibre: Fiber is associated with reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol and regulating bowel function. Chia seeds are an excellent source of fibre, with a whopping 10 grams in only 2 tablespoons. That is one-third of the daily recommended intake of fibre per day.
- Antioxidants: Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals, ageing and cancer. The high antioxidant profile also helps them have a long shelf life. They last almost two years without refrigeration.
- Minerals: Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain 18% of the DRI for calcium, 35% for phosphorus, 24% for magnesium and about 50% for manganese. These nutrients help you prevent hypertension and maintain a healthy weight, and are important for energy metabolism and a part of DNA synthesis.
- Dyslipidemia: A study published in the "British Journal of Nutrition" showed that chia seeds as a dietary fat source can lower triglycerides and cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol. The study also found that when substituting chia seeds for other fat sources, such as corn oil, the ALA was able to prevent high triglyceride levels and reduce central obesity.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: Chia seeds can play an important role in regulating insulin levels. They can reduce insulin resistance and decrease abnormally high levels of insulin in the blood.
Stay full, for longer!
Satiety is the feeling of being full and satisfied, which helps lower food cravings between meals. The combination of protein, fibre and the gelling action of chia seeds when mixed with liquids all contribute to their satiating effects.
Suggested Uses: Sprinkle these flavourless seeds on salads, muesli, oatmeal, stir-fries, smoothies, muffin or bread batter, or cereal. Optional: use a spice/coffee grinder to make a fine meal-like consistency.
Size: 450g Bag
Certified Organic Chia Seeds
A 100% Australian-owned company, Power Super Foods specialise in sourcing functional foods from around the globe that are organic, vegan, raw, fairly traded, gluten and dairy-free -.all packed right here in Australia! Their entire range of products are free of artificial preservatives or colours, free of synthetic flavourings or additives.
They source premium products through partnerships with farming communities around the world, paying fair prices as a way to contribute to economic opportunities for indigenous communities within developing countries. Driven by a passion for supporting native agricultural traditions, their mission is to help to expand the development of good organic farming practices around the globe.
Their organic superfood range includes cacao, acai, chia seeds, goji berries, maca powder and a whole range of other premium whole foods that make them the preferred go-to brand for thousands of health-conscious consumers!
So if you're looking for premium organic superfoods as a way to promote optimum health and well-being, check out Healthy Being's range today. We stock hundreds of carefully selected products at unbeatable prices with free shipping options across Australia and worldwide delivery!